Any pet requires a responsible approach and regular care. The most important component of this process is the constant maintenance of wool in good condition. This requires not only proper nutrition, but also regular combing. Depending on the type of coat the dogs need different adaptations, and the choice should be wisely chosen.
Types of combs for dogs
Tools for the care of dog hair are divided into several types and sorted by purpose:
- The simplest single-row comb is necessary for combing not too thick, but long hair;
- Comb with bristles instead of teeth. With its help, you can comb out the longest wool and gently unravel the tangles. In addition, this procedure is also a massage. This brush can also be used for dogs with short hair;
- Pukhoderka. Comb with thin metal teeth. They are curved and the tips are rounded. This tool is designed to remove dead hair undercoat;
- Furminator is a recent invention, with the help of which you can comb dogs with any wool, and also completely get rid of the loose part of the undercoat in one go;
- Comb-rake – is considered a good addition to the furminator, if there are bald patches. The principle of operation is similar, but the effect on wool is more gentle;
- The comb-glove quickly and effectively removes hairs that have fallen out during the shedding;
- Double-sided comb required to remove dust and dirt from the coat, suitable for different types of wool;
- Combs with movable teeth are effective for combing a dog that does not tolerate the procedure well. The tool does not hurt, but is not suitable for very long wool;
- Combs with teeth of various lengths also do not cause unpleasant sensations, allow you to disentangle matted wool and remove loose hairs undercoat;
- Trimming and stripping tools are special tools for smoothing hair and hair removal undercoat. Short teeth of the tools are located on the blade, which allows you to quickly and effectively carry out all manipulations;
- Koltunorez. A comb with sharp teeth, designed not only to disentangle tangles, but also to cut them, if a section of the wool is no longer combable.
How to choose a comb?
Selecting combs and brushes, it is necessary to focus on the quality and type of animal hair.
For dogs with long hair
Long-haired dogs require daily combing. Long and thick hair should be combed with a regular comb or a special massage brush. Eliminate unnecessary undercoat with the help of a pouhderka. Furminator and comb rake will be effective. If the wool is knocked down, you will have to use koltunorezy.
For short-haired dogs
Short-haired dogs are brushed with a natural bristle brush, a special glove is suitable for hair removal. Also good are rakes and combs with rotating teeth.
For wire-haired dogs
Hard-haired dogs do not change wool and are not subject to seasonal moulting, therefore, getting rid of the old cover and its renewal completely depends on the owner. To do this, use a comb for tripping and streaming.
For smooth breed dogs
Smooth-haired dogs are well suited to the usual comb, massage brush and mitten to rid the animal of dead hair. You can also use a comb with teeth of different lengths or with rotating teeth.
Depending on the size of the dog
The size of the dog does not belong to the most determining factors when choosing tools for grooming, but it should be remembered that a small comb will make the process of combing out a large animal long and ineffective.
For small dogs, on the contrary, you should buy small tools that allow you to thoroughly comb the hair, even in hard-to-reach places.
Combing wool, especially if it is long and has fallen into mats, does not always bring pleasure to the animal, and sometimes can cause discomfort. Royal Groom’s wide range of sprays facilitates the process of grooming, unravels the coat, makes it smooth and silky, and also nourishes the dog’s skin with essential nutrients.