The fact that the wool of almost all dogs needs to be combed is beyond doubt. Shedding at pets, actively walking on the street in any weather occurs, mainly in the fall and spring. In other periods, the dog, though shedding, is no longer so active. The amount of hair falling out is affected by its structure and density of the undercoat.
Combs for dogs are designed to combat all types of shedding wool. Hairbrushes are now sold to the sea, but not every, even the most-comb, suitable for your pet. It all depends on what kind of coat you need to fight.
Some tools are well combed undercoat, but do not affect the guard hair, others. on the contrary, they will remove long hairs, but poorly comb out the undercoat. Still others do not practically remove anything at all, but only smooth their wool. The fourth can and skin to blood to scratch. In general, it is necessary to find a comb or combs that suit your pet.
From the point of view of grooming, four groups of dog breeds can be distinguished.
At the first place on the complexity of the preparation for the exhibition are dogs whose hair is shorn or plucked: poodles, terriers, schnauzers and Cocker Spaniels. In second place. long-haired breeds, in which the wool must be regularly combed. There are a lot of such dogs: from miniature Pekingese to solid Bobtail. Third group. short-haired dogs: Boxers, Dobermans and the like. And finally fourth group. Hairless dogs (Chinese Crested, Peruvian Orchid, Mexican Hairless), whose grooming is not needed due to the lack thereof. True, owners of such dogs have skin care problems.
Combs and their varieties
1. Conventional metal combs with different density of teeth. The ends of the teeth are blunt, which is good for dog skin. They can be used in quiet periods of intense molting periods.
2. Single or double row comb. They exist in different versions of the teeth. Double-row comb with different lengths of teeth and the ability of the latter to adapt to the length of the coat. In such a comb, the teeth can freely fall and rise when pressed on the skin. The ends of the teeth. stupid. Combing undercoat and guard hair.
3. The groomer. Combs well undercoat. This comb is suitable, for example, for husky.
4. Cutting machine. Used for procedures such as combing mats. But pay attention to the length of the teeth of this comb. Do not hurt your pet.
5. Pukhoderka. It is necessary to pay attention to the ends of the pooderhok were sealed with balls, otherwise it is easy to scratch the skin.
6. Pucherka-groomer. Made of rubber, worn on the hand, which is very convenient. Good for shorthair dogs.
7. Furminator. A wonderful thing, combing all types of wool, pleasant for dogs. Only "flaw". A lot of combing, how many do not scratch. It seems that a little bit more and the dog will be completely bald. You can comb out the furminator only on the street. In any case, dogs with a thick undercoat at home are best not to scratch. All shorthair also itches great. Use only in spring and autumn.
The principle of selection of combs for dogs
Combs for dogs. basic tool for working with wool. The general requirement for all combs: the ends of the teeth must be blunt, otherwise you risk injuring the dog. The length of the teeth should be longer than wool. As for the frequency of the teeth, it is selected depending on the density of wool.
In any case, it is recommended to have at least two combs: one, larger. for processing "rough" and combing mats, second, smaller. for final processing. It is believed that combs with a gap between the teeth of less than 0.5 mm are suitable for combing fleas, but it is almost impossible to do so with hard and thick hair. However, this comb will allow you to effectively comb out dying wool.